Stimulus during same frames with insertstimulusframes

Author
BenS
Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I have a problem with insertstimulusframe - I have different SOA, and one SOA (9 frames) requires the target ("picture.righttarget") to be drawn on the exact same frame (70) the cue ends ("rightsquare_out, rightsquare_in" whereby rightsquare_in is the black interior of a white square ("rightsqaure_out"), like so: https://www.millisecond.com/forums/uploads/images/7561eb3c-250f-4f76-a258-873e.png

Unfortunately, insertstimulusframe seems to draw the target before the squares, which leads to the target not appearing at all when currentsoa = 9. Is there any way to specify the order several things are drawn during one frame with insertstimulusframes?

My code is
<trial same_late_right>
/ontrialbegin = [trial.same_late_right.insertstimulusframe(picture.righttarget, (61 + values.currentsoa))]
/stimulusframes = [1 = fixation; 31=centersquare_out, centersquare_in, leftsquare_out, leftsquare_in,
                rightsquare_out, rightsquare_in; 61 = rightsquare_out_bright, rightsquare_in; 70 = rightsquare_out,
                rightsquare_in; 91 = centersquare_out_bright, centersquare_in; 100 = centersquare_out, centersquare_in]
</trial>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
> Unfortunately, insertstimulusframe seems to draw the target before the squares, which leads to the target not appearing at all when
> currentsoa = 9.

Actually that is not how insertstimulusframe() is supposed to behave (and it doesn't behave like that for me). The target is (supposed to be) inserted *after* the stimuli that are already present in the frame (the outer and inner squares). Here's a simplified script for testing purposes

<block myblock>
/ trials = [1-4=example]
</block>

<trial example>
/ontrialbegin = [trial.example.insertstimulusframe(text.target, (61 + values.currentsoa))]
/ ontrialend = [trial.example.resetstimulusframes(); ]
/stimulusframes = [1 = fixation; 70 = square_out, square_in; 91 = blank]
/ validresponse = (57)
</trial>

<values>
/ currentsoa = 9
</values>

<text fixation>
/ items = ("+")
</text>

<shape square_out>
/ shape = rectangle
/ color = orangered
/ size = (210px, 210px)
</shape>

<shape square_in>
/ shape = rectangle
/ color = black
/ size = (200px, 200px)
</shape>

<text target>
/ items = ("TARGET")
/ txcolor = yellow
</text>

<shape blank>
/ shape = rectangle
/ color = white
/ size = (100%, 100%)
</shape>

and a screenshot of the result.

https://www.millisecond.com/forums/uploads/images/ed18e5f1-2c43-4967-a385-1f4c.jpg

I'm running this under the most recent Inquisit 4 release. Does the target stimulus show up on your system when running the above example script?

Attachments
example.jpg (830 views, 10.00 KB)
Edited 8 Years Ago by Dave
BenS
BenS
Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)Respected Member (383 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
It does, which makes me very confused :D. I'll take a dive into my code and try to find differences.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search