How to disable the backspace key/delete key?

Author
yihuanlai
Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I am completely new to Inquisit.
So I want to let participants retype a passage. They will see the passage and they will retype it in the textbox.
I want to disable the backspace key of Windows / delete keys of Mac so that they could not go back to change the mistakes. 
How to do this? What is the exact code?

-Yihuan
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
I'm afraid this is not possible, neither using <textbox> nor <openended>.

yihuanlai
yihuanlai
Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)Partner Member (974 reputation)
Hi Dave, thanks for your reply. So is it possible to record how many times they've pressed the backspace key?
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Unfortunately that isn't possible either.

yihuanlai
yihuanlai
Dave, thanks for your reply! I really appreciate it!
I did some research and found this FingerTapping task: http://www.millisecond.com/download/library/FingerTapping/.
It records the number of times participants press the space key.
I wonder if I could use its code and make some changes to it, so that I could record the number of times the backspace key being pressed when the participants type in the textbox? 
Dave
Dave
No, it's not possible. The textbox does not fire any accessible event upon each key press that occurs, i.e., you cannot count how often a given key was pressed when typing in a textbox.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search