refering to the anser of one question in another question

Author
JuliaNo
Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)Esteemed Member (1.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I want to first ask people where they are from, and then ask several questions that refer to their homecountry. However, when I refer to the answer of the first question in another question, Inquisit does not display anything... How do I refer to the given answer correctly?
Here's how my code works:

<radiobuttons nationality2>
/ caption = "What is your nationality?"
/ options = ("German", "Portuguese")
/ optionvalues = ("Germany", "Portugal", "my home country")
/ other = "Other"
</radiobuttons>

<slider NatiIdentGerman1>
/ caption = "I identify strongly with other people in <%dropdown.nationality2.selectedvalue%>.~n"
/ labels = ("Strongly ~ndisagree", "Disagree", "Somewhat ~ndisagree", "Neither agree ~nor disagree", "Somewhat ~nagree", "Agree", "strongly ~nagree")
/ range = (1, 7)
/ slidersize = (60%, 5%)
/ showtooltips = false
</slider>

<surveypage Nationality>
/ caption = "Please anwer the following questions."
/ questions = [1= nationality2]
</surveypage>

<surveypage IdentificationOwnCountry>
/ caption = "Please indicate to what degree you agree with the following statements."
/ questions = [1=NatiIdentGerman1]
</surveypage>

<block EndQuestions>
/ trials = [1=Nationality; 2=IdentificationOwnCountry]
/ itemfontstyle = ("Calibri", 2.8%, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
</block>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
JuliaNo - Tuesday, February 21, 2017
I want to first ask people where they are from, and then ask several questions that refer to their homecountry. However, when I refer to the answer of the first question in another question, Inquisit does not display anything... How do I refer to the given answer correctly?
Here's how my code works:

<radiobuttons nationality2>
/ caption = "What is your nationality?"
/ options = ("German", "Portuguese")
/ optionvalues = ("Germany", "Portugal", "my home country")
/ other = "Other"
</radiobuttons>

/ caption = "I identify strongly with other people in <%dropdown.nationality2.selectedvalue%>.~n"
/ labels = ("Strongly ~ndisagree", "Disagree", "Somewhat ~ndisagree", "Neither agree ~nor disagree", "Somewhat ~nagree", "Agree", "strongly ~nagree")
/ range = (1, 7)
/ slidersize = (60%, 5%)
/ showtooltips = false
</slider>

<surveypage Nationality>
/ caption = "Please anwer the following questions."
/ questions = [1= nationality2]
</surveypage>

<surveypage IdentificationOwnCountry>
/ caption = "Please indicate to what degree you agree with the following statements."
/ questions = [1=NatiIdentGerman1]
</surveypage>

<block EndQuestions>
/ trials = [1=Nationality; 2=IdentificationOwnCountry]
/ itemfontstyle = ("Calibri", 2.8%, false, false, false, false, 5, 0)
</block>

</slider>

needs to read

/ caption = "I identify strongly with other people in <%radiobuttons.nationality2.response%>.~n"
</slider>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search