Inquisit Web - Final page - redirect to a url only if the participant complete the experiment

Inquisit Web - Final page - redirect to a url only if the participant...
Author
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

Is it possible to redirect the participant to a final web page only once it has completed the whole experiment? If I add weblink of the final page in the "redirect to a url" option in "the final page", it redirects the participant also if s/he quit the experiment with Ctrl+Q.

Send participants to a page on millisecond.com or a different web site.

If this is not possible it will be ok if the last page of the experiment will inclide an hyperlink. Does Inquisit support Hyperlink?

Thank you,

Elena
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
ebroggin - Monday, January 15, 2018
Hello,

Is it possible to redirect the participant to a final web page only once it has completed the whole experiment? If I add weblink of the final page in the "redirect to a url" option in "the final page", it redirects the participant also if s/he quit the experiment with Ctrl+Q.

If this is not possible it will be ok if the last page of the experiment will inclide an hyperlink. Does Inquisit support Hyperlink?

Thank you,

Elena

> Is it possible to redirect the participant to a final web page only once it has completed the whole experiment?

Yes. You can set the defaults.finishpage property in the script /onexptend when some condition is met.

> If this is not possible it will be ok if the last page of the experiment will inclide an hyperlink. Does Inquisit support Hyperlink?

This is also possible. You can upload a simple HTML file along with your experiment that contains / displays your clickable hyperlink. You can set that HTML file to be used as "custom" finish page in your web experiment's settings.

tecnika
tecnika
Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)Guru (13K reputation)
Dave - Monday, January 15, 2018
Hello,

Thank you,

Elena

> Is it possible to redirect the participant to a final web page only once it has completed the whole experiment?

Yes. You can set the defaults.finishpage property in the script /onexptend when some condition is met.

> If this is not possible it will be ok if the last page of the experiment will inclide an hyperlink. Does Inquisit support Hyperlink?

This is also possible. You can upload a simple HTML file along with your experiment that contains / displays your clickable hyperlink. You can set that HTML file to be used as "custom" finish page in your web experiment's settings.

Thank you, it works both ways! I am now trying to view the survey data in the same data file of other behavioural responses. I have tried with different attempt but this generate a data file with the right column name (the surveys one included), but these cells are empty. How can I view in the same data file the responses of the survey that is included in my inquisit experiment?

<data>
/file = "Data_LEFT_sociodemographic_webpage.iqdat"
/ separatefiles = false
/ columns = [build, date, time, subject, group, blockcode, values.block_nr, values.trial_nr, values.image, values.sentence, response, values.probability, values.wording, values.context, values.colour, values.keypress,
values.decision, latency, values.hazard, values.DecisionPerformace, values.totalblockdecision, values.TotalDecision, values.TotalBlockPerformance, values.totalperformance,
surveypage.ambiguity.response, dropdown.handedness.response, dropdown.handedness.selected, surveypage.handedness.response, surveypage.English.response, surveypage.age.response, surveypage.gender.response, surveypage.ethnicity.response,
surveypage.job.response, surveypage.education, openended.Comments.response]
</data>

Thank you,
Elena

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
ebroggin - Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Hello,

Thank you,

Elena

Thank you, it works both ways! I am now trying to view the survey data in the same data file of other behavioural responses. I have tried with different attempt but this generate a data file with the right column name (the surveys one included), but these cells are empty. How can I view in the same data file the responses of the survey that is included in my inquisit experiment?

<data>
/ separatefiles = false
/ columns = [build, date, time, subject, group, blockcode, values.block_nr, values.trial_nr, values.image, values.sentence, response, values.probability, values.wording, values.context, values.colour, values.keypress,
values.decision, latency, values.hazard, values.DecisionPerformace, values.totalblockdecision, values.TotalDecision, values.TotalBlockPerformance, values.totalperformance,
surveypage.ambiguity.response, dropdown.handedness.response, dropdown.handedness.selected, surveypage.handedness.response, surveypage.English.response, surveypage.age.response, surveypage.gender.response, surveypage.ethnicity.response,
</data>

Thank you,
Elena

Two options:
(1) Run your <surveypage>s via a <block> element's /trials attribute, not via a <survey> element. The will be captured in the data file just like any other type of <trial> then.
(2) Log the proper properties. A <surveypage> doesn't really have a "response", that's why surveypage.ambiguity.response returns nothing / remains empty. The things that do have responses are the actual question elements you are using, e.g as in radiobuttons.someradiobuttonsquestions.response.

tecnika
tecnika
Dave - Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Hello,

Thank you,

Elena

<data>
/ separatefiles = false
</data>

Thank you,
Elena

Two options:
(1) Run your <surveypage>s via a <block> element's /trials attribute, not via a <survey> element. The will be captured in the data file just like any other type of <trial> then.
(2) Log the proper properties. A <surveypage> doesn't really have a "response", that's why surveypage.ambiguity.response returns nothing / remains empty. The things that do have responses are the actual question elements you are using, e.g as in radiobuttons.someradiobuttonsquestions.response.

Hi Dave,  I have just tried to run the experiment following the option 2), but no luck. I remember I have done it in the past with Inquisit 4, but with this is does not work and I don't have an Inquisit 4 version to try out. Am I doing it wrong? Please see experiment file and data file attached.        Regards,Elena

Attachments
tecnika
tecnika
ebroggin - Thursday, January 18, 2018
Dave - Wednesday, January 17, 2018
Hello,

Thank you,

Elena

<data>
/ separatefiles = false
</data>

Thank you,
Elena

Two options:

Hi Dave,  I have just tried to run the experiment following the option 2), but no luck. I remember I have done it in the past with Inquisit 4, but with this is does not work and I don't have an Inquisit 4 version to try out. Am I doing it wrong? Please see experiment file and data file attached.        Regards,Elena

Got it working. Thank you!

jxb
jxb
Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)
Hello,

I am also trying to redirect participants to a specific url ONLY if they completed the entire experiment. Is there a way to do this when using a batch file?

I was able to get it working properly with an <expt > file as mentioned above but so far have failed at using a similar approach with a batch file.

jxb
Dave
Dave
jxb - 7/11/2022
Hello,

I am also trying to redirect participants to a specific url ONLY if they completed the entire experiment. Is there a way to do this when using a batch file?

I was able to get it working properly with an <expt > file as mentioned above but so far have failed at using a similar approach with a batch file.

jxb

In that case you need to set defaults.finishpage /onscriptend in the batch script.
jxb
jxb
Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)Associate Member (284 reputation)
Where I am getting stuck is how to utilize an if statement in /onscriptend to redirect them only if they get to the last file on the batch script.

In the attached script "redirect_expt.iqx" I am able to have it only redirect to that url if they get through all blocks using equations in <block redirect> and /onexptend.

But in the attached script "00_batch.iqx" it redirects to that url regardless of if I got through all of the files or not when I put a similar if statement in /onscriptend. I tried to <include > the last final as well but it still isn't working properly.

I hope this better explains where I am stuck.
Attachments
00_batch.iqx (108 views, 448 bytes)
redirect_test.iqx (111 views, 933 bytes)
redirect_expt.iqx (116 views, 1.00 KB)
panas-10.iqx (110 views, 20.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
jxb - 7/11/2022
Where I am getting stuck is how to utilize an if statement in /onscriptend to redirect them only if they get to the last file on the batch script.

In the attached script "redirect_expt.iqx" I am able to have it only redirect to that url if they get through all blocks using equations in <block redirect> and /onexptend.

But in the attached script "00_batch.iqx" it redirects to that url regardless of if I got through all of the files or not when I put a similar if statement in /onscriptend. I tried to <include > the last final as well but it still isn't working properly.

I hope this better explains where I am stuck.

<include> or <summarydata> elements have no place in a batch script, so I'm not sure what this is supposed to do in the first place.

> Where I am getting stuck is how to utilize an if statement in /onscriptend to redirect them only if they get to the last file on the batch script.

If that's all you want, then it's as simple as

<defaults >
/ quitcommand = (Ctrl+36)
</defaults>

<batch 1>
/ file = "panas-10.iqx"
/ file = "redirect_test.iqx"
/ onscriptend = [
    if (batch.1.currentscript == "redirect_test.iqx") {
        defaults.finishpage="https://www.welcome.miami.edu";
    };
]