Port code not working, how to add variables to data

Author
Christin41
Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
For an experiment I am using the following logic, to display all 5 odors in random order during the 5 different trials. Doing this with text elements also does work, when using this port code, however, only the first odor is presented (so only the first valve [together with the other two valves that that port code opens] is opened). Any idea what I did wrong? 
Also I was wondering how to add a variable to the data that displays what odor was presented to the participant during a given try?
Thank you so much in advance!!

This is the used port code: 
<item odor_items>
/ 1 = "01100001"
/ 2 = "01100010"
/ 3 = "01100100"
/ 4 = "01101000"
/ 5 = "01110000"
</item>

<port all_odors>
/ items = odor_items
/ port = LPT
</port>

<list all_odors>
/ items = (port.all_odors)
</list>

<trial rating>
/ ontrialbegin = [trial.rating.resetstimulusframes();
                 trial.rating.insertstimulustime(list.all_odors.nextvalue, 2850)]
/ stimulustimes = [0=port.air; 0=3; 1000=2; 2000=1; 3000=inhale; 5000=port.air]
/ timeout = 5000
/ pretrialpause = 1000
</trial>
(3, 2, 1 and inhale are all text elements, port.air is the same as the port code of item 5 in the item element)

And here the (working) text code:
<item odor_items>
/ 1 = "Fear1"
/ 2 = "Fear2"
/ 3 = "Neutral1"
/ 4 = "Neutral2"
/ 5 = "Air"
</item>

<text all_odors>
/ items = odor_items
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 9%, true, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/ position = (50, 65)
/ erase = true(black)
</text>

<list all_odors>
/ items = (text.all_odors)
</list>

<trial rating>
/ stimulustimes = [0=3; 1000=2; 2000=1; 3000=inhale]
/ timeout = 5000
/ pretrialpause = 1000
</trial>
(3, 2, 1 and inhale are all text elements)

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Do

<port all_odors>
/ items = ("01100001", "01100010", "01100100", "01101000", "01110000")
/ port = LPT
</port>

instead of using an <item> element.

> Also I was wondering how to add a variable to the data that displays what odor was presented to the participant during a given try?

You already have that in the data file, in the stimulusitem and stimulusnumber column pertaining to the port stimulus.

Christin41
Christin41
Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)Associate Member (186 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave - 12/9/2020
Do

<port all_odors>
/ port = LPT
</port>

> Also I was wondering how to add a variable to the data that displays what odor was presented to the participant during a given try?

You already have that in the data file, in the stimulusitem and stimulusnumber column pertaining to the port stimulus.

Thank you for your helpful reply!

I am unfortunately unable to see the stimulusitem and stimulusnumber columns pertaining to the port stimulus....

This is the data element that I currently have (with values.reference_odor_item, values.comparison_odor_item and values.is_reference pertaining to another task within the experiment):

<data>
/ columns = (date time group subject session build blocknum blockcode trialnum trialcode values.reference_odor_item values.comparison_odor_item values.is_reference response correct latency pretrialpause posttrialpause trialduration trialtimeout
stimulusnumber stimulusitem stimulusonset)
</data>
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Christin41 - 12/14/2020
Dave - 12/9/2020
Do

<port all_odors>
/ port = LPT
</port>

I am unfortunately unable to see the stimulusitem and stimulusnumber columns pertaining to the port stimulus....

This is the data element that I currently have (with values.reference_odor_item, values.comparison_odor_item and values.is_reference pertaining to another task within the experiment):

<data>
/ columns = (date time group subject session build blocknum blockcode trialnum trialcode values.reference_odor_item values.comparison_odor_item values.is_reference response correct latency pretrialpause posttrialpause trialduration trialtimeout
</data>

With only one set of stimulusnumber/stimulusitem columns, you're only logging the first stimulus displayed by any trial.
Dave
Dave
Dave - 12/14/2020
Christin41 - 12/14/2020
Dave - 12/9/2020
Do

<port all_odors>
/ port = LPT
</port>

<data>
</data>

With only one set of stimulusnumber/stimulusitem columns, you're only logging the first stimulus displayed by any trial.

If you don't want to add further stimulusnumber/stimulusitem columns, you can also use <values> of course.

<values>
/ current_odor = 0
</values>

<trial rating>
/ ontrialend = [values.current_odor = port.all_odors.currentindex;]
/ stimulustimes = [0=port.air; 0=3; 1000=2; 2000=1; 3000=inhale; 5000=port.air]
/ timeout = 5000
/ pretrialpause = 1000
</trial>

<data>
/ columns = (..., values.current_odor, ...)
</data>
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search