Video will not play

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Maybe there's a general DirectX issue with your EeePC. Can you run DirectX Diagnostics (in Inquisit select Tools -> DirectX Diagnostics...) and post the results here? That might point us in the right direction.

Best,

~Dave

Els
Els
Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Results are: "Geen problemen gevonden."

Or in Enlish: "no problems are found". Or do you need the list of all the DirectX files?

/Els

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)

Wow -- that was kinda quick. Have you run all the tests on the different tabs? There should also be an option to save all test results to a text file. If you can attach this, that might provide some insights.

Els
Els
Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)

The quickness was just accidental ;)

Added the test results.

/Els

Attachments
DxDiag.txt (977 views, 42.00 KB)
Dave
Dave

The file says you haven't actually run any tests:

DDraw Test Result: Not run

D3D7 Test Result: Not run

D3D8 Test Result: Not run

D3D9 Test Result: Not run

Can you run these please and then re-post the results? There are controls to run these tests on the 'Display' tab of the DirectX Diagnostics tool.

Also, the graphics driver seems to be a bit outdated:

Driver Date/Size: 12/19/2007

You might want to check if there's a more recent version available from asus.com.

Els
Els

I installed a new driver, but that did not do anything (or at least, did not have the desired result). I did the other tests too (sorry, really missed that the first time I looked), but everything seemed to go fine.

My apologies for keeping you busy for so long!

/Els

Attachments
DxDiag.txt (892 views, 42.00 KB)
Dave
Dave

Hmm -- all of this looks okay as far as I can tell. I'm really starting to run out of ideas. Are there any other peculiar aspects about your system? Like a dual-monitor setup, special theming software (e.g. WindowBlinds) or something like screen rotation utilities (EeeRotate, etc.)? Maybe some remote administration software like VNC? Anything else that might hook into / interfere with the display system?

Els
Els

Last week I also tried running the experiment on a different computer, and I had exactly the same problem. I re-checked my code and there seems to be nothing wrong there (but I added it for reference, maybe you see something I don't see). Also, the "welcome" experiment from Inquisit does not work either: I cannot open any of the external files like sound-files, pictures or videos.

/Els

Attachments
PretestMusicVideosV3.exp (726 views, 3.00 KB)
Dave
Dave

Oh, this is gonna be awful... Notice somethin'?

<video namevideo1>
/ items = ("monkey.mwv")
/ playthrough = false
/ position = (50%, 50%)
</video>

(Hint: Windows Media Video)

~Dave

IvoR
IvoR
Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)Guru (6.6K reputation)

That's really odd... I've tried your script and it works fine. Could you maybe upload the movie you are using so we can test it? I used a .avi files which worked, but I don't have a .mwv file. Maybe that's the problem. So you could try to convert the .mwv file into a .avi file.

On a side note:
In block video2, you should use displayvideo2 instead of displayvideo3. And since it's a dutch script, I would say you would want 'zeer dominant/onderdanig' instead of 'zeUr dominant/onderdanig' in rating 1 through 3 ;) 

@ Dave:
It could be the extension, but a quick google search showed me that .mwv is also a file extension. But yeah, trying a more general used file extension might help... although it's strange that other media files don't work either...

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search