Video will not play

Author
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

@ Dave:
It could be the extension, but a quick google search showed me that .mwv is also a file extension. But yeah, trying a more general used file extension might help... although it's strange that other media files don't work either...

It's the file from the 'Overview Demo' Inquisit sample (http://www.millisecond.com/download/samples/v3/Welcome/welcome.zip) -- and that's definitely a *.wmv file, Ivor.

IvoR
IvoR
Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

@ Dave:
It could be the extension, but a quick google search showed me that .mwv is also a file extension. But yeah, trying a more general used file extension might help... although it's strange that other media files don't work either...

It's the file from the 'Overview Demo' Inquisit sample (http://www.millisecond.com/download/samples/v3/Welcome/welcome.zip) -- and that's definitely a *.wmv file, Ivor.

Ah, okay. But it's still possible that she made her own file of course, which could be a .mwv. That's why I asked her to upload her file (if it's indeed a .mwv file) so we can check if it works. Although, changing the file extension to .wmv if it is the monkey.wmv from the Welcome script would help =P

Els
Els
Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)Esteemed Member (2.4K reputation)

@Ivor: yeah, you're right about that, I though I had changed those typo's already, but apparently I hadn't :S

@Dave: *ahum* quite stupid indeed. File does work now. That still does not explain while the inquisit-welcome file did not work as well.

/Els

IvoR
IvoR
Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)Guru (6.7K reputation)

@Dave: that still does not explain while the inquisit-welcome file did not work as well.

That is indeed strange. Did you check all the file-extensions in that script?

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

@Dave: *ahum* quite stupid indeed. File does work now. That still does not explain while the inquisit-welcome file did not work as well.

Make sure you unpack 'welcome.zip' to a folder before running the script. Trying to run a script directly from a *.zip file (i.e. without unpacking first) will result in such errors.

IvoR
IvoR

Make sure you unpack 'welcome.zip' to a folder before running the script. Trying to run a script directly from a *.zip file (i.e. without unpacking first) will result in such errors.

Let's hope this solves the mystery about the non-playing media files ;)

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search