Batching Semi-Random Tests

Author
elrpo
Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
This is my first time using Inquisit, and I've had a look through the documentation but I'm unsure if I have found the correct answer.

I am trying to run 5 tests in one battery. The first is the Colour Word Stroop, the remaining 4 are all set up as surveys.
I need to run the stroop first in all participants, and one specific survey last for all participants.
However, I need the remaining 3 tests to run in random order. All participants complete all tests.

I tried group assignment, but then realised that was for Inquisit V6. Unfortunately my access is only for V5, and from what I can see this can't be done in V5 - at least not in the batch file.

Is there another roundabout way that I could achieve the same outcome? I have read a little about potentially turning the tests into experiments but I'm a little confused on if this is possible, and how to actually do so.

Thank you so much for any guidance you can give!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
elrpo - 3/16/2022
Hi,
This is my first time using Inquisit, and I've had a look through the documentation but I'm unsure if I have found the correct answer.

I am trying to run 5 tests in one battery. The first is the Colour Word Stroop, the remaining 4 are all set up as surveys.
I need to run the stroop first in all participants, and one specific survey last for all participants.
However, I need the remaining 3 tests to run in random order. All participants complete all tests.

I tried group assignment, but then realised that was for Inquisit V6. Unfortunately my access is only for V5, and from what I can see this can't be done in V5 - at least not in the batch file.

Is there another roundabout way that I could achieve the same outcome? I have read a little about potentially turning the tests into experiments but I'm a little confused on if this is possible, and how to actually do so.

Thank you so much for any guidance you can give!

Define three <batch> elements, all three will be executed in order:

// runs first, administers stroop
<batch a>
/ file = "stroop.iqx"
</batch>

// runs second, randomizes order of three surveys
<batch b>
/ file = "survey1.iqx"
/ file = "survey2.iqx"
/ file = "survey3.iqx"
/ selectionmode = random
</batch>

// runs last, administers final survey
<batch c>
/ file = "survey4.iqx"
</batch>

elrpo
elrpo
Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)Associate Member (131 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Far out. Astoundingly simple, thank you 😅 I can't believe I didn't think of doing it that way 🤣 thank you so much Dave!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search