Error messages

Author
Heidi Umbach Hansen
Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)Respected Member (434 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Heya,

I'm piloting a test battery that I will use in a study soon, and one participant repeatedly gets heaps of error messages. Additionally, since it's 10 tests, I have scripted an expression which tells the participant "Task X of 10", but this same participant is not able to see the actual number (whereas no one else has experienced this). I guess this is all related to the error messages, which I believe has nothing to do with Inquisit per se, but I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction as of what the problem might be. Error messages is attached.

Best,

Heidi

Attachments
error_messages_pilot.xlsx (82 views, 9.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Heidi Umbach Hansen - 4/7/2022
Heya,

I'm piloting a test battery that I will use in a study soon, and one participant repeatedly gets heaps of error messages. Additionally, since it's 10 tests, I have scripted an expression which tells the participant "Task X of 10", but this same participant is not able to see the actual number (whereas no one else has experienced this). I guess this is all related to the error messages, which I believe has nothing to do with Inquisit per se, but I would really appreciate it if someone could point me in the direction as of what the problem might be. Error messages is attached.

Best,

Heidi

The system at issue is a Windows system. Under Windows, Inquisit embeds the Internet Explorer engine, which is available on practically all Windows systems by default, to render HTML content in scripts. The warning messages are all

WebView Load Error: Failed to set page contents! MSHTML Control/IE Security Options Issue!

for the various HTML files involved in the scripts.

They indicate that rendering the HTML is not working on the given system, because of some Internet Explorer security options setting. I cannot tell you exactly which -- for all I know, IE might just be completely blocked or locked down on this computer if it is, for example, a corporate system. Put simply: Settings on the computer prevent Inquisit from displaying the HTML instruction pages. Since the task number expression is also displayed in HTML (per tasknumber_intro.html), this also explains why the participant cannot see the actual number.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search