Markers not appearing and the lpt3 can't be found.

Author
LinShiying
Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I am trying to use the inquisit6.5.2 to display a probabilistic selection task (downloaded from the Millisecond library) , and use another computer to record the EEG signal by the BrainProducts' software.
The script can run, but it produced a reminder:"Parallel port 3 not found on this machine", and the signal couldn't be sent out successfully to EEG amplifier.
I would appreciate any help and input on this matter.

This is the code I used to define the signal:
<defaults>
/canvasaspectratio = (4,3)
/minimumversion = "5.0.0.0"
/ fontstyle = ("Arial", 3%, false, false, false, false, 5, 1)
/txbgcolor = white
/ txcolor = (0, 0, 0)
/ lptaddresses = (lpt3=CEFC)
</defaults>

<port ABtrigger_p1>
/ port = LPT3
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00000101")
</port>

<port CDtrigger_p1>
/ port = LPT3
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00001001")
</port>

<port EFtrigger_p1>
/ port = LPT3
/ subport = data
/ items = ("00010001")
</port>

<port feedback1>
/ port = LPT3
/ subport = data
/ items = ("10100000")
</port>

<port feedback2>
/ port = LPT3
/ subport = data
/ items = ("10010000")
</port>

Many thanks,
LinShiying

Attachments
add LPT__PST.iqx (85 views, 51.00 KB)
LinShiying
LinShiying
Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)Associate Member (89 reputation)
It looks like we're making progress. The EEG signal can be recorded.
But the response markers still not appear nor record on the recording computer.

Really thankful for any help!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
LinShiying - 4/11/2022
It looks like we're making progress. The EEG signal can be recorded.
But the response markers still not appear nor record on the recording computer.

Really thankful for any help!

Which of the markers are the "response" markers. Please refer to things exactly as they are named in the script. Also, since you presumably made changes to the script since your original post, explain what you changed and attach the most recent script version.

Note that you can specify a port's address explicitly per /lptaddresses in the script's <defaults>:
https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/v6/html/language/attributes/lptaddresses.htm

Finally, if you're still seeing issues with some markers not being detected, give this pre-release build
https://staginginquisit.millisecond.com/6/6_5/win/Inquisit_653.exe

a try and see if that fixes the issue.
LinShiying
LinShiying
I mainly changed the feedback part. I divided the <text.feedback> into <text feedback1> and <text feedback2>, and the <trial feedback> into <trial feedback1> and <trial feedback2>.
Because I want to record and analyze the EEG signals from both kinds of feedback separately.

I have added the /lptaddresses in the <defaults>. But it still can't display the markers in the record computer.

I attach two scripts, the "AAAprobabilisticselectiontask" is the original script from the author, another one is used for recording the EEG that changed by us.

Attachments
add LPT__PST.iqx (99 views, 51.00 KB)
AAAprobabilisticselectiontask.iqx (108 views, 49.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
LinShiying - 4/11/2022
I mainly changed the feedback part. I divided the <text.feedback> into <text feedback1> and <text feedback2>, and the <trial feedback> into <trial feedback1> and <trial feedback2>.
Because I want to record and analyze the EEG signals from both kinds of feedback separately.

I have added the /lptaddresses in the <defaults>. But it still can't display the markers in the record computer.

I attach two scripts, the "AAAprobabilisticselectiontask" is the original script from the author, another one is used for recording the EEG that changed by us.

You still haven't clearly specified which markers are not registered. Name the markers please.
LinShiying
LinShiying
Dave - 4/11/2022
LinShiying - 4/11/2022

You still haven't clearly specified which markers are not registered. Name the markers please.

Sorry!  I'd like to record the stimulus(AB,CD,EF) and the feedback in phase1.
Dave
Dave
LinShiying - 4/11/2022
Dave - 4/11/2022
LinShiying - 4/11/2022

Sorry, we're talking past each other. I want to know *which* of the markers are not registered.

You previously spoke of the "response markers" -- I do not know which of the various <port> elements this is supposed to refer to. Please name the markers.

You also previously said "It looks like we're making progress. The EEG signal can be recorded." What is that supposed to refer to?

So, again please: Which *specific* markers are and aren't registered, respectively.
LinShiying
LinShiying
Dave - 4/11/2022
LinShiying - 4/11/2022
Dave - 4/11/2022
LinShiying - 4/11/2022

Sorry, we're talking past each other. I want to know *which* of the markers are not registered.

You previously spoke of the "response markers" -- I do not know which of the various <port> elements this is supposed to refer to. Please name the markers.

You also previously said "It looks like we're making progress. The EEG signal can be recorded." What is that supposed to refer to?

So, again please: Which *specific* markers are and aren't registered, respectively.

The "response markers" I mean is the "markers". I have misunderstood the element name and so sorry to waste your time.

The EEG signal could't be recorded at first. We solved this problem, so i said "we're making progress."

The problem we meet now is: the script can run but all of the marks do not appear, and it produces a reminder:"Parallel port 3 not found on this machine"

Thank you for your patience
Dave
Dave
LinShiying - 4/12/2022
Dave - 4/11/2022
LinShiying - 4/11/2022
Dave - 4/11/2022
LinShiying - 4/11/2022

The "response markers" I mean is the "markers". I have misunderstood the element name and so sorry to waste your time.

The EEG signal could't be recorded at first. We solved this problem, so i said "we're making progress."

The problem we meet now is: the script can run but all of the marks do not appear, and it produces a reminder:"Parallel port 3 not found on this machine"

Have you tried with the pre-release version I linked here? Yes or no?

https://forums.millisecond.com/FindPost34170.aspx
LinShiying
LinShiying
Dave - 4/12/2022
LinShiying - 4/12/2022
Dave - 4/11/2022
LinShiying - 4/11/2022
Dave - 4/11/2022
LinShiying - 4/11/2022

Have you tried with the pre-release version I linked here? Yes or no?

https://forums.millisecond.com/FindPost34170.aspx
 I have solved the problem. Thank you very much!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search