Help with batch

Author
dar7by
Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am working on a batch script experiment where the condition a participant is assigned to in Code A decides what condition the participant is assigned to in Code C. How do I program this on Inquisit 5? (ex. for the first script in the batch, P is assigned to condition #4, batch then runs another script, then for the next script the batch runs, P needs to be assigned to condition #4 in that script BECAUSE they were assigned to condition #4 in the first script of the batch)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
dar7by - 4/15/2022
I am working on a batch script experiment where the condition a participant is assigned to in Code A decides what condition the participant is assigned to in Code C. How do I program this on Inquisit 5? (ex. for the first script in the batch, P is assigned to condition #4, batch then runs another script, then for the next script the batch runs, P needs to be assigned to condition #4 in that script BECAUSE they were assigned to condition #4 in the first script of the batch)

This question isn't answerable based on the information you provided.

HOW -- i.e. based on WHAT -- is the participant assigned to a condition in the "first" script?
How many conditions are there to begin with?

Be specific
dar7by
dar7by
Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)Associate Member (108 reputation)
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

HOW -- i.e. based on WHAT -- is the participant assigned to a condition in the "first" script?

Be specific

Hi, so the participant is randomly assigned to a condition in the first script. Based on that condition which they are randomly assigned to in the first script, they are then assigned to a particular condition in another script. There are 2 possible conditions in the first script that Ps are randomly assigned to, and 4 possible conditions for the later script. Random condition 1 will need to feed Ps randomly into either Condition A or B in the later script, and random condition 2 will need to feed Ps randomly into either Condition C or D in the later script. Does this help
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

Hi, so the participant is randomly assigned to a condition in the first script. Based on that condition which they are randomly assigned to in the first script, they are then assigned to a particular condition in another script. There are 2 possible conditions in the first script that Ps are randomly assigned to, and 4 possible conditions for the later script. Random condition 1 will need to feed Ps randomly into either Condition A or B in the later script, and random condition 2 will need to feed Ps randomly into either Condition C or D in the later script. Does this help

"Randomly assigned" is unspecifc. Randomly assigned based on what? A randomly generated subject number? A randomly generated group number? Something else? Again, please be specific.

dar7by
dar7by
Dave - 4/16/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

"Randomly assigned" is unspecifc. Randomly assigned based on what? A randomly generated subject number? A randomly generated group number? Something else? Again, please be specific.

In the code it says groupassignment = random
Dave
Dave
dar7by - 4/16/2022
Dave - 4/16/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

Is there any reason for choosing /groupassignment = random? Because the whole thing is trivially done if you choose /groupassignment = groupnumber instead.
dar7by
dar7by
Dave - 4/17/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
Dave - 4/16/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

Is there any reason for choosing /groupassignment = random? Because the whole thing is trivially done if you choose /groupassignment = groupnumber instead.

I haven't heard of how to use /groupassignment = groupnumber. Would you mind explaining if that would be easier?
Dave
Dave
dar7by - 4/19/2022
Dave - 4/17/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
Dave - 4/16/2022
dar7by - 4/16/2022
a
Dave - 4/15/2022
dar7by - 4/15/2022

Be specific

I haven't heard of how to use /groupassignment = groupnumber. Would you mind explaining if that would be easier?

https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic13856.aspx
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search