Using Inquisit to communicate with IO-Warrior

Author
LTK
Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have testing equipment that uses IO-Warrior, a communication chip for controlling simple electronics by USB, and is currently set up to do this through Matlab, and I was wondering if it's at all possible/feasible to do this with Inquisit. I'd like to use my existing script and forego the effort of rewriting it in a different language, which is perhaps overly optimistic but I figured I'd ask anyway.

According to the IO-Warrior API documentation, "it is intended to be used with any programming language available on Windows or Linux". I'm not much of a programmer but I know that Inquisit is probably too specialized to fit within this category. Is this at all within its capabilities, even if it's not within mine? I would appreciate any answer.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
LTK - 5/30/2022
I have testing equipment that uses IO-Warrior, a communication chip for controlling simple electronics by USB, and is currently set up to do this through Matlab, and I was wondering if it's at all possible/feasible to do this with Inquisit. I'd like to use my existing script and forego the effort of rewriting it in a different language, which is perhaps overly optimistic but I figured I'd ask anyway.

According to the IO-Warrior API documentation, "it is intended to be used with any programming language available on Windows or Linux". I'm not much of a programmer but I know that Inquisit is probably too specialized to fit within this category. Is this at all within its capabilities, even if it's not within mine? I would appreciate any answer.

I'm afraid the answer is no. Speaking to this device is not within current capabilities.

LTK
LTK
Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)Associate Member (181 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Unfortunate, but expected. Thanks for confirming
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search