Collecting mousewheel responses

Author
AKrishna
Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)Distinguished Member (3.1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi all,

according to the Inquisit 6 help and in line with an old forum post for Inquisit 4, it looks as though Inquisit can only record whether the mousewheel is moved as a response to a trial, but not whether that movement was upwards or down. Just wanted to confirm: is this still the case? If so, is there any way to read a mousewheel movement's direction via code or something in order to set up an / isvalidresponse property? For example, I can treat the mouse cursor position as a "response" (albeit without writing to the trial's response property) using code like:

/ isvalidresponse = [abs(mouse.y - display.screenheight/2) > 100]

Is there anything analogous I could do to read a mousewheel input's direction?

Many thanks!

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
AKrishna - 6/9/2022
Hi all,

according to the Inquisit 6 help and in line with an old forum post for Inquisit 4, it looks as though Inquisit can only record whether the mousewheel is moved as a response to a trial, but not whether that movement was upwards or down. Just wanted to confirm: is this still the case? If so, is there any way to read a mousewheel movement's direction via code or something in order to set up an / isvalidresponse property? For example, I can treat the mouse cursor position as a "response" (albeit without writing to the trial's response property) using code like:

/ isvalidresponse = [abs(mouse.y - display.screenheight/2) > 100]

Is there anything analogous I could do to read a mousewheel input's direction?

Many thanks!

> Inquisit can only record whether the mousewheel is moved as a response to a trial, but not whether that movement was upwards or down. Just wanted to confirm: is this still the case?

Yes, that is still the case.

> If so, is there any way to read a mousewheel movement's direction via code or something in order to set up an / isvalidresponse property?

No, there currently is nothing that would reflect the wheel's movement direction.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search