Mapping participant's survey responses to their Inquisit data - Request Assistance

Author
patkelly2000
Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

I read through the "How to Interoperate Inquisit Web with Online Survey Packages such as Qualtrics and Survey Monkey" (https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm) but I am still confused. I am attempting to add two Inquisit scripts onto my Qualtrics survey and I am not sure how to best keep the participants data organized.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Hello,

I read through the "How to Interoperate Inquisit Web with Online Survey Packages such as Qualtrics and Survey Monkey" (https://www.millisecond.com/support/docs/current/html/howto/interopsurveys.htm) but I am still confused. I am attempting to add two Inquisit scripts onto my Qualtrics survey and I am not sure how to best keep the participants data organized.

FIrst you will have to explain what you mean by "add[ing] two Inquisit scripts onto my Qualtrics survey."
patkelly2000
patkelly2000
Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)Associate Member (253 reputation)
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Hello,

FIrst you will have to explain what you mean by "add[ing] two Inquisit scripts onto my Qualtrics survey."

I want participants to start on Qualtrics.

Qualtrics set up:
Intro/Consent
link to first script - Lexical Decision Task
redirect back to Qualtrics survey
link to second script - shooter bias task
redirect back to Qualtrics Survey end page

patkelly2000
patkelly2000
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Hello,

Qualtrics set up:
Intro/Consent
Sorry. I forgot to add.

Qualtrics set up:
Intro/Consent
redirect back to Qualtrics Survey
demographic questions
End of survey

And I want to neatly keep the results from both scripts and the demographics together through a Subject ID. Not sure how to best do that.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Hello,

Qualtrics set up:
Intro/Consent

Then you can either split your Qualtrics survey into three separate Qualtrics surveys and redirect back and forth (1st Qualtrics survey to LDT, LDT redirects to 2nd Qualtrics survey, 2nd Qualtrics survey redirects to shooter bias task, shooter bias task redirects to 3rd survey / end page) or you keep a single Qualtrics survey and put clickable links to the respective Inquisit start pages at the appropriate points during the survey (i.e. you do not use redirection).

patkelly2000
patkelly2000
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Hello,

Qualtrics set up:
Intro/Consent

Then you can either split your Qualtrics survey into three separate Qualtrics surveys and redirect back and forth (1st Qualtrics survey to LDT, LDT redirects to 2nd Qualtrics survey, 2nd Qualtrics survey redirects to shooter bias task, shooter bias task redirects to 3rd survey / end page) or you keep a single Qualtrics survey and put clickable links to the respective Inquisit start pages at the appropriate points during the survey (i.e. you do not use redirection).

If I go with the latter, how do I make sure I can link their responses from each Inquisit task?

Dave
Dave
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
AV
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Hello,

Qualtrics set up:
Intro/Consent

If I go with the latter, how do I make sure I can link their responses from each Inquisit task?

You'll need to make sure Qualtrics passes along the participant's Qualtrics ID via URL parameter and have Inquisit read in the URL parameter as its subject ID.

patkelly2000
patkelly2000
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
AV
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Hello,

Qualtrics set up:
Intro/Consent

You'll need to make sure Qualtrics passes along the participant's Qualtrics ID via URL parameter and have Inquisit read in the URL parameter as its subject ID.

Thank you. Once I did that I got an error message.

Dave
Dave
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
AV
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Hello,

Qualtrics set up:
Intro/Consent

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/editing-questions/rich-content-editor/insert-a-hyperlink/ appears to cover everything that's relevant on the Qualtrics-side. You'll want to pay attention to

since you'll want to use piped text to insert the given participant's ID and pass it along in a URL parameter (which is the same thing as a Query String). You'll also want the links to open in a new tab or window, such that the Qualtrics survey itself remains open and active in its own window or tab.

Dave
Dave
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
AV
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Dave - 7/11/2022
patkelly2000 - 7/11/2022
Hello,

Qualtrics set up:
Intro/Consent

Thank you. Once I did that I got an error message.

Well, as I said you need to pass along the ID in a URL parameter called subjectid. You're not doing that and need to fix that on the Qualtrics-side of things.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search