How to wrap text in a textbox element?

Author
k.vanschie@tilburguniversity.edu
New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)New Member (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have a textbox element in which participants type a story. When they write more than 1 line of text the text moves outside the textbox element. So participants have to intentionally hit the ENTER button to go to the next line. Is there a way to wrap the text, so that while typing the cursor automatically goes to the second line when the first line is full? 

<textbox memory_content>
/caption = "Write your story"
/required = true
/ textboxsize = (200, 50)
/ multiline = true
</textbox>

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
I have a textbox element in which participants type a story. When they write more than 1 line of text the text moves outside the textbox element. So participants have to intentionally hit the ENTER button to go to the next line. Is there a way to wrap the text, so that while typing the cursor automatically goes to the second line when the first line is full? 

<textbox memory_content>
/required = true
/ textboxsize = (200, 50)
/ multiline = true
</textbox>

The typed text doesn't move outside the textbox. The problem is that you've define the textbox's size to be 200% of the screen width, i.e. it extends beyong the screen's boundaries. Define a reasonable width, such as, say, 80% of the screen width, and the problem goes away.

<textbox memory_content>
/required = true
/ textboxsize = (80%, 50%)
/ multiline = true
</textbox>

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic