"Unable to load picture..." when I already have other images with the same format

"Unable to load picture..." when I already have other images with the...
Author
isaless
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,
I'm a beginner using Inquisit and I am creating my first experiment. I've run into the problem of images not loading when they are properly labeled and in a recognizable format by Inquisit. I've used both JPEG and PNG and Inquisit still tells me that it is unable to load the picture because there is "no such file or directory." I have some other images in PNG format that Inquisit does recognize, so I'm not sure why it's not recognizing others.

I've attached a google drive link leading to a zip file with the contents of the Inquisit script as well as the images I'm currently using in a PNG format:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z68a09VwGxbV2SNQPrLUaJlo2jFk6n6P/view?usp=drive_link

Thank you! :)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
isaless - 7/28/2023
Hi,
I'm a beginner using Inquisit and I am creating my first experiment. I've run into the problem of images not loading when they are properly labeled and in a recognizable format by Inquisit. I've used both JPEG and PNG and Inquisit still tells me that it is unable to load the picture because there is "no such file or directory." I have some other images in PNG format that Inquisit does recognize, so I'm not sure why it's not recognizing others.

I've attached a google drive link leading to a zip file with the contents of the Inquisit script as well as the images I'm currently using in a PNG format:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Z68a09VwGxbV2SNQPrLUaJlo2jFk6n6P/view?usp=drive_link

Thank you! :)

That link is not publicly accessible.
isaless
isaless
New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)New Member (25 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
isaless - 7/29/2023

I've observed this issue with two of your files only, "Background.png" as well as ‎"yellow_right.png".

The file you believe is called "Background.png" is actually called "[some_invisible_character]Background.png".

This is from a directory property dump. The first entry is a file actually called "Background.png".
The second entry is your file, the gibberish at the start of the file name represents the invisible character.
The solution is to simply rename the flle properly in Finder.

The problem with "yellow_right.png" is the reverse of the above. There the file is actually called "yellow_right.png", but in the script's <item> element, you had it called

/ 2 = "[some_invisible_character]yellow_right.png"

The solution there is to simply delete that entry from the item element and re-type it properly.

Edited Last Year by Dave
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search