Feasibility auto-selection of stimuli, based on participant rating?

Author
mrl253
New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)New Member (9 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello, my lab and I are hoping to run a study, and would appreciate some input on the feasibility. Below is the design we hope to achieve.

The study has two parts. In part one, each participant is presented with a list of ~100 words (randomly selected within list) and will be asked to rate the words on a few dimensions.
Using the participant’s ratings of the words, we will select only a few words based on the participant’s evaluation (ex: the word with the highest rating in a dimension) to be presented to the same participant in the second part of the study.
In other words, the specific words presented to a participant in part two depends on the same participant’s ratings of said words in part one.

What we’re hoping for input on is this; is it possible for Inquisit 6 to automatically select words based on each individual participant’s responses and then present those idiosyncratic words to the same participant, in parts 1 and 2 respectively?

Thank you.

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
mrl253 - 8/17/2023
Hello, my lab and I are hoping to run a study, and would appreciate some input on the feasibility. Below is the design we hope to achieve.

The study has two parts. In part one, each participant is presented with a list of ~100 words (randomly selected within list) and will be asked to rate the words on a few dimensions.
Using the participant’s ratings of the words, we will select only a few words based on the participant’s evaluation (ex: the word with the highest rating in a dimension) to be presented to the same participant in the second part of the study.
In other words, the specific words presented to a participant in part two depends on the same participant’s ratings of said words in part one.

What we’re hoping for input on is this; is it possible for Inquisit 6 to automatically select words based on each individual participant’s responses and then present those idiosyncratic words to the same participant, in parts 1 and 2 respectively?

Thank you.

Yes, that should be perfectly possible. Here https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic2698.aspx is a discussion of something like this from many years ago, you can certainly build something much more elaborate and elegant today, given that Inquisit's capabilities have evolved since then.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search