Time lag exists in the communication between Inquisit and Eyelink SR

Author
ttyelnv
Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Dear Dave,

I hope all is well. I recently noticed something during my experiment. Whenever I use Inquisit, my Eyelink SR consistently displays a highlighted '0.01' in red (image attached below). I'm wondering if this message indicates a time lag in the communication between Inquisit and Eyelink SR. If that's the case, I would appreciate any guidance on how to resolve this issue. I've reviewed the Eyelink manual but couldn't find a solution. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
-- M
Edited 6 Months Ago by Dave
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
nuttymenkk - 11/17/2023
Dear Dave,

I hope all is well. I recently noticed something during my experiment. Whenever I use Inquisit, my Eyelink SR consistently displays a highlighted '0.01' in red (image attached below). I'm wondering if this message indicates a time lag in the communication between Inquisit and Eyelink SR. If that's the case, I would appreciate any guidance on how to resolve this issue. I've reviewed the Eyelink manual but couldn't find a solution. Thank you in advance for your assistance.
-- M

Per SR (personal communication):

"The red printout is the indication of the percentage of memory buffers used. This is mostly seen in the output mode (before you switch to the actual recording screen). You can ignore this printout unless there is a large printout value (usually following a large recording chunk or the system is flooded with lots of messages etc)."

If you are seeing large values, you can send the eye.log file from the problematic session (located under 'elcl\exe' on the host computer) to SR support and they should be able to help narrow down the problem.

ttyelnv
ttyelnv
Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)Associate Member (256 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I see, thank you very much Dave!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search