Displaying a shape at the point of Mouse click

Author
wuaham
Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Good afternoon:

Hope you are doing great. I would like to present an image of (8x8) square shape and ask subject to click on a square (script attached, contain one required image). What I want is that:

1. Once subject click on the square a red dot (shape) should appear (draw) at the point of click so that subject know that a click on that square is already done (it's like a marker). Only 4 click is enough at the moment.

2. If subjects do click on a square by mistake, it should be allowed to click on the same shape to remove it (just like a toggle switch) OR may be clearing all clicks and starts from scratch (which may be easier).

Script seems working at least in terms of clicking (no more than that) but doesn't display the red dot. And I am unable to implement the second part.

I would appreciate your kind help and a big Thank you in advance.
Attachments
SaveClickPixel.zip (25 views, 13.00 KB)
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
wuaham - 2/16/2024
Good afternoon:

Hope you are doing great. I would like to present an image of (8x8) square shape and ask subject to click on a square (script attached, contain one required image). What I want is that:

1. Once subject click on the square a red dot (shape) should appear (draw) at the point of click so that subject know that a click on that square is already done (it's like a marker). Only 4 click is enough at the moment.

2. If subjects do click on a square by mistake, it should be allowed to click on the same shape to remove it (just like a toggle switch) OR may be clearing all clicks and starts from scratch (which may be easier).

Script seems working at least in terms of clicking (no more than that) but doesn't display the red dot. And I am unable to implement the second part.

Things like this have been discussed here many times before, so you may want to do a search.

The script you attached seems entirely unrelated to your question.
wuaham
wuaham
Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)Respected Member (419 reputation)
Dave - 2/16/2024
wuaham - 2/16/2024
Good afternoon:

Things like this have been discussed here many times before, so you may want to do a search.

Thank you. It would great if you please redirect me with a link. I tried searching in the forum - it's so slow and wasn't success unfortunately.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
wuaham - 2/16/2024
Dave - 2/16/2024
wuaham - 2/16/2024
Good afternoon:

Thank you. It would great if you please redirect me with a link. I tried searching in the forum - it's so slow and wasn't success unfortunately.

E.g. https://forums.millisecond.com/Topic20309.aspx re. the word search puzzle downthread

wuaham
wuaham
Yeap, that's a good one but need a lot of modifications to adjust, will give a try.
Dave
Dave
wuaham - 2/16/2024
Yeap, that's a good one but need a lot of modifications to adjust, will give a try.

It's supposed to illustrate a certain technique. You're not supposed to take the example as is, but apply the technique shown to the pogramming problem you want to solve.

If you need more example, multiple scripts in the library apply essentially the exact same technique, including the working memory span tasks (operation span, reading span, symmetry span; the grid where you select the letters), the Columbia Card Task where a card changes state when you click on it, the Letter Cancellation Task, where you're supposed to select certain stiimuli and those you clck are marked with an X, and many more.

wuaham
wuaham
Dave - 2/16/2024
wuaham - 2/16/2024

It's supposed to illustrate a certain technique. You're not supposed to take the example as is, but apply the technique shown to the pogramming problem you want to solve.

If you need more example, multiple scripts in the library apply essentially the exact same technique, including the working memory span tasks (operation span, reading span, symmetry span; the grid where you select the letters), the Columbia Card Task where a card changes state when you click on it, the Letter Cancellation Task, where you're supposed to select certain stiimuli and those you clck are marked with an X, and many more.

Thank you so much. That's a great deal of good options to chose from and explore. I will have a look at these. Have a great week ahead.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search