The mod() function returns the integer remainder of a division

Author
Blackadder
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Just a quick note: other than stated in the help, Inquisit's mod() function computes the integer remainder of a division.

Examples

mod(1,2)  = 1
mod(2,9)  = 2
mod(11,4) = 3

I haven't tested what mod(3.14,2) would yield but I assume it to be 1.14.

Bye, Malte

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

Inquisit's mod() function computes the integer remainder of a division

... as any well-behaved mod function should do. But indeed, you are correct in that the documentation is wrong.

~Dave

Blackadder
Blackadder
Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)Supreme Being (26K reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Oh, and by the way, this is not at all a complaint, I applaude this discrepancy to the manual. The fraction part of a division can easily be computed by

fpart(a/b)

while mirroring the "normal" mod() behavior with a mod function as described in the manual is a tad more irky.

Bye, Malte.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search