Keeping values stored over several sessions

Author
wwu_wop
Associate Member (241 reputation)Associate Member (241 reputation)Associate Member (241 reputation)Associate Member (241 reputation)Associate Member (241 reputation)Associate Member (241 reputation)Associate Member (241 reputation)Associate Member (241 reputation)Associate Member (241 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi everyone, 

I am running an idea generation task via openended elements. This task spans over several sessions. I'm using several values to log certain performance criteria. Session 2 shall build on the performance variables, generated in session 1, in order to utilise conditional branching, based on the performance in session 1.
Now, I'm searching for a way to transfer the performance variables, generated in session 1, over to session 2. Is there a way to achieve that?
I successfully extracted the relevant data using the summary data element. Does anyone know if it is possible to reimport those data files into a script? Or any other way to keep certain values and variables stored over several sessions and / or scripts? 

Responses are much appreciated :)

Have a great day
Chris

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
Once you have "extracted" the values of interest, converted them into valid Inquisit syntax and stored in a file, you can use conditional <include> elements to pull the respective file into the script based on e.g. the subject id.

See the attached minimal example.

Attachments
experiment.iqx (861 views, 438 bytes)
subject1values.txt (673 views, 44 bytes)
subject2values.txt (714 views, 44 bytes)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search