Controlling response timeout when using video stimuli

Author
sianehta
Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I am running an experiment, in which I present videos of varying length. Each video is a separate trial and I need to control the response time out after each one. Participants however need to be able to respond even during the stimulus presentation. Basically, I need the program to play the video stimulus till the end (which will be different for different videos) and then give additional 2400 ms for a response. This is what I was using but it does not provide the correct results. Any ideas how to fix it?

<trial A_video>

/correctresponse = (lbuttondown)

/inputdevice = mousekey

/response = timeout(2400)

/responseinterrupt = trial

/stimulustimes = [0 =A_video, A_trigger; 150 = neutral_trigger]

/validresponse = (rbuttondown, lbuttondown)

/responsemessage = (lbuttondown, CorTrig,5)

/responsemessage = (rbuttondown, IncTrig,5)

Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators

You'll want to set /playthrough = true on the <video>, set the <trial>'s /timeout to length of video + 2400* and its /responsetime to 0.

Regards,

~Dave

* You'll have to work this out for every single video

sianehta
sianehta
Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)Partner Member (737 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

Thank you!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search