Transferring Data to New owner- no access

Author
SMCM
Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello,

We are transferring our experiments to a new owner, as I am leaving the company. When we transferred the experiments, the new person is unable to see any of the data from any experiment that I made, regardless of host status. Is there an additional step needed, or does she need a different account type?

Thanks,

Sarah
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
SMCM - 6/11/2022
Hello,

We are transferring our experiments to a new owner, as I am leaving the company. When we transferred the experiments, the new person is unable to see any of the data from any experiment that I made, regardless of host status. Is there an additional step needed, or does she need a different account type?

Thanks,

Sarah

> When we transferred the experiments, the new person is unable to see any of the data from any experiment that I made, regardless of host status.

What exactly did you do to "transfer" the experiments? It's also unclear to me what you are referring to as "host status."

SMCM
SMCM
Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)Associate Member (113 reputation)
Dave - 6/11/2022
SMCM - 6/11/2022
Hello,

Thanks,

Sarah

> When we transferred the experiments, the new person is unable to see any of the data from any experiment that I made, regardless of host status.

What exactly did you do to "transfer" the experiments? It's also unclear to me what you are referring to as "host status."

Hi Dave,

Transfer ownership of the experiments (using the edit function of the email address/account on the project dashboard page). Host status = who is designated as the owner of the experiment.
Dave
Dave
Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)Supreme Being (1M reputation)
Group: Administrators
SMCM - 6/11/2022
Dave - 6/11/2022
SMCM - 6/11/2022
Hello,

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Dave,

Transfer ownership of the experiments (using the edit function of the email address/account on the project dashboard page). Host status = who is designated as the owner of the experiment.

Okay, that's the correct process. I see that there are a lot of experiments and a lot of data under the account. It can take quite a while for the new permissions to be applied to everything, but the data folders that were reassigned should eventually show up for the new owner.

If the folders still aren't visible to the new owner by Monday, please shoot me an email to support<at>millisecond.com with the details.
Edited 2 Years Ago by Dave
SMCM
SMCM
Dave - 6/11/2022
SMCM - 6/11/2022
Dave - 6/11/2022
SMCM - 6/11/2022
Hello,

Thanks,

Sarah

Hi Dave,

Okay, that's the correct process. I see that there are a lot of experiments and a lot of data under the account. It can take a quite while for the new permissions to be applied to everything, but the data folders that were reassigned should eventually show up for the new owner.

If the folders still aren't visible to the new owner by monday, please shoot me an email to support<at>millisecond.com with the details.

Will do, thank you Dave!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Reading This Topic

Explore
Search